Self Employed and Partnerships

Self-employment is a situation in which an individual works for himself or herself instead of working for an employer that pays a salary or a wage. A self-employed individual, who is often also referred to as a sole trader, earns his income through conducting profitable operations from a trade or business that is operated directly by that person.

A partnership is an arrangement in which two or more individuals share the profits and liabilities of a business venture. Various arrangements are possible regarding how the profits of the business are shared and the liability of the individual partners.

We can register you with HMRC as either a sole trader or partnership, please get in touch for further details.

The tax year runs from 6th April each year to 5th April in the following year.

In order for us to register either a sole a sole trader or partnership we will require the following information from you when you contact us.

  1. Full Name

  2. Trading Business Name

  3. Starting Date of the business

  4. DOB

  5. NI

  6. Address

  7. Contact Number